01 02 03 Crunchologie: Virus Fighter: Elderberry 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Virus Fighter: Elderberry

34
Oh, Elderberry.  How do I even begin?  This little bottle is a favorite of all in this house.  I’m not even kidding.  This stuff is DELICIOUS.  I mean, I could probably drink a whole bottle in one sitting.  I don’t (and you shouldn’t) but that’s how good it tastes.  I LOVE IT.  Even more than I love the taste, I love knowing that it is helping to fight off whatever the virus of the season is.  Elderberry is my first "go-to" for a natural virus fighting remedy.  My toddler asks for his “me’en” (medicine) as soon as he starts to feel a little under the weather.  I will be totally honest with you.  I know I should be making my own, I even want to make my own.  However, I haven’t found the right recipe for my family.  I have tried some, but we just didn’t like them.  I promise as soon as I find the magic recipe I will share it with you! Until then, I highly recommend this brand (and the kids version, which is where the link takes you):

We first started using elderberry when I took my little man to the pediatrician with a horrible virus.  And guess what my Dr. prescribed?  Yep - Elderberry.  That and three other natural remedies (which I will share with you in another post).  And yes - the heavens opened and the angels sang.  I could NOT believe that my pediatrician was prescribing natural remedies instead of something else.  Needless to say, we love our Dr. and all his staff.  

Here's another plus - I can take it when I am pregnant! Again, check with your healthcare provider before you take anything while you're pregnant.  These nuggets are too precious to mess around with.   It has definitely helped me kick this bronchitis I picked up over Memorial Day weekend.  I am still fighting the cough even though my men are totally over it.  Thanks, pregnancy.  BUT I am hopeful that the elderberry will continue to help my body heal! 

How many of you use elderberry?  Do you have a favorite brand or recipe? Please share!




35 36 37 38